Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Interviews......

Okay, so I think I've got the resume down pat.... And the dressing up for the interview is a pain but even I have to admit, I do look pretty professional, and nice, and hard-working and like I won't come in late or hung over when I switch to the heels and carry the nice bag with a blazer and everything... So what is wrong with the employers out there? They seem to think hiring someone to work as a minion at their measly company is paramount to admitting someone to the C.I.A. "tell me about yourself." "What appeals to you about this position." "Tell me a about a time you used humour at the workplace." "What is your time committment to this job?"
FOR FUCK'S SAKE!
Just read the resume, look at me, and then gimme the job.
This is getting a little ridiculous. Especially when they are like "This position doesn't seem to be in your field, why the change?" Do you really think I would trade in the world of working at cool magazines and writing music reviews and interviewing cool people for the world of answering phones and taking messages for your sorry ass, if I didn't have to? Puh..lease.

Whatever. I don't even care anymore. I just want a job. somewhere. somehow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heels? wow. things sure have changed in good ole canada. whatever happened to keeping it real? Down with the establishment! Fuck authority! You should just go to your interviews in just your bra and panties. I'm sure you'd see better results that way. At least, I'd hire you.

-Lonely lentil in the land of rice.

Anonymous said...

Tell me about yourself:
Well I've always had an immense interest in lentil farming, it's so fascinating how those little beans turn into such great protein machines. In fact, in grade 12, I did my school science project on lentil production management techniques, lining up five different soil types and seeing which grew the best, and tastiest lentils.

This is a different field for you, why the switch?

This is a different feild from being a rock-star reporter, but I think it will really help me grow and balance my experience. You need a bit of lentil dirt to balance out all the real dirt I know about people like Jesse Metcalf and Nellie Furtado.

Time commitment? Well really as much as the job takes. In this case I think 20 hours a week would be sufficient to get a grasp of your business and better take messages about the grain colur you need.

See, you can get hired, you just have to be really enthusiastic....