Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The first of many....

Okay. So it begins today. I've been here at my new job one month now. Today is the first day I'm attempting to write in my blog from work. I'm a little paranoid. The boss is right in the next cubicle. And I was 12 minutes late to work today. But I didn't say anything because he gets here at like 10 am. And I'm not going to stay 12 minutes later.
The honeymoon is over. I'm done with the niceties. Love me or lump me.
But I am a little paranoid. I already heard him on the phone yelling at the cable guy telling him our bill is too high. So I'm trying to type lighty, because in this job you don't type too much. I think I already have a slight strike againist me because I listen to hip hop music at my desk ( I get the feeling he's more a Tragically Hip or Bruice Springsteen type) and then today he saw my desktop icons and he was like "what happened here?" all shocked like a baby had been dumped in a dumpster or I had been running immigrants from Mexico through a tunnel in my office. I was like " I made the icons bigger. I like them bubbly." And he had this weird disgusted look on his face and just kind of walked off without saying anything else.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

like everything else, your anxiety over this too will pass. I can't wait til you get comfortable enough to start up a web-cam to help all us lonely and depressed victorians stuk out in japan in need of the comforts of home.

Anonymous said...

Hey kiddo... just thought I'd say hello :-)! I'll give you a call soon.
Yay Grade 7!

Anonymous said...

pull-a-Costanza - just act like you have SOO much stuff to do and can't be bothered by his meaningless questions.
-your karakoe buddy

Anonymous said...

Oh Preet,
It's not like is exactly a PRIVATE diary, are you sure you should be confessing to being late at work, being bored at work and palm reading at work here?
And I just have to ask, is the kind of behaviour you participated in at other work places?
And where is this boring job where you are so obviously under appreciated?
Take care
Sandi