Saturday, April 22, 2006

Japan be like Crazy, Yo!

So maybe I'm a little late on this gravy train. But like, am I the only one that still finds it incredibly trippy that you can call someone from the future? Like that whole today is tomorrow stuff? I have a feeling that the people that invented time zones weren't counts on things like MSN, e-mail or long distance calling cards. Like right now, it's like tomorrow afternoon in Japan. They already had their Saturday Night sleep but I haven't and I'm talking to someone from a land that has already experienced the time that I am experiencing right now. I keep hereing that song from the musical Rent, when I think about it. "Today for you, tomorrow or me," The whole actually makes my head hurt if I think about it too much. Enough of that. Sometimes I think about going to Japan. I wouldn't go and teach over there for a year now. I'm too old now, and my family needs me to be close and a million other little things that keep me tied to this Limbo life I lead in Van-city, but sometimes, I think that maybe I should have gone three, two or even one year ago. My friend informs me that 'my grade 11 self' would fit right in with the harajuku crowd. I don't know if I should be flattered or insulted. Personally I think my Grade 11 couture would run circles around the harajukus. I mean it just looks like Rainbow Brite meets Goth meets Alice in Wonderland. Is that REALLY so orginal?? Okay maybe I'm just a little bitter that all my teen angst was in waste when really all my parents had to do to cure me of my apathy was ship me off to hang with my breathern in Japan for a summer.



These chicks would have helped me put everything in perspective.

Current Mood: Tired
Currently Listening to: Eminem: The Marshall Mathers LP

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you think you are too old to go?????

Kate

Preety said...

I am too old to go for so many reasons. I am stuck in my ways. I need my Starbucks lattes. I need my Fitness World. I need my t.v. shows. Plus I hate sushi. And I don't like hanging out with short people.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»