Thursday, July 20, 2006

A wedding to remember.....

Okay, so I was going to wait until I got our photos back to post about the wedding this weekend. Yes, I know. It's lame that I still actually get pictures developed. Even worse I use a disposal camera that probably ends up in a landfill. But what can you do, ya know? I will just add the photos later.

So it is now official. My bestest friend is now married. She's gotten hitched. Hooked the ole ball and chain. Tied the knot. Saddled in the horse and buggie. He's bought the milk and the cow ( wait that one's not nice! Who comes up with these marriage analogies anyway? They sure are misogynist) Anyways I am so happy for them!!! It was a beautiful wedding on Gabriola Island and despite a few obstacles, the wedding was spectacular. In fact a part from the Indian wedding I went to in grade four where I saw my first hermaphradite, ( an experience that shaped my psyche in more ways than i care to recount), I would say this was the best wedding I have ever been to. And despite my lack of married friends, I have been to a lot... Probably about 12-15 that I can actually remember and I wasn't attending as a kid.



Now I don't want to give a long, drawn out recount of the weekend so I thought it would be best to just recount my personal highlights:

Watching the sun go down on Friday night in a rainbow of beautiful colours that you only see when you leave the city. The horizon looked like it was literally just a few feet away from us.

Getting ready for the wedding listening to Cher's If I could turn back Time because that was the only remotely likable CD I could find. Drinking lots of white wine and trying to put on makeup and clothes. While it was fun, as the photos are beginning to show it probably wasn't the brightest idea.

Watching Amaya and crew put the last touches on her dress and hair, etc. while all the camera were snapping away. I felt like I was in a paparazzi line.

I have three words to say that will sum up the drunkeness of that night: giddity, giddity, giddity!!! oh yeah!! ( try saying that when you're drunk, I dare you!!!

The toasts were so sweet. I guess I haven't been to many weddings where I know the bride so well so I was blubbering like a complete loser, so much so that one of Amaya's in-laws came up to me and said I was a crying fool.... no kidding ( not exactly a news flash to anyone who knows me)

Late night heart to hearts in the dark. There's nothing like slurring "i love you, man" in the dark with the sounds of waves crashing in the background.

Definitely a weekend to remember! Who's turn is it next????

7 comments:

Kate said...

Oh Preety, you summed it up beautifully!!!!
It was the so much fun!
I am glad we got to be bridesmaids together :)

Anonymous said...

maybe i'll send you a wedding invitation to my nuptials to queen amidala in Osaka. maybe. if you're lucky. And you promise to bow. alot.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I am showing my ignorance but what the hell was a hermaphradite doing at an Indian wedding?

Anonymous said...

preet, i thought we decided to not speak of the drunken heart to heart. the wedding was beautiful and im glad i was invited. i would be next but raj the lineman obvoius has a different plan

Preety said...

Steve, star wars is over. get over it. no queen ama-whatever. no bowing. no ewoks as pets you can train to fetch you teh morning paper. It's over. Move on. I hear snakes on a plane is supposed to be good...Fixate on that....

Anonymous,
A hermaphradite comes to Indian weddings to bring good luck to teh bride and supposedly a hermaphradite's blessing translates into luck when it comes to child-bearing. I can't remember the whole spiel exactly.. But it's cool and what is more edgy than having a hermaphradite strip at your bachelorette party? Definelty not a gay guy catching teh bouquet... although that is a close second.

Is the drunken heart-to-heart that which we do not speak of? My bad. The next one is strictly off-the-record. fo shizzle. Don't worry, next bouquet that gets thrown I will be your defensive gaurd and hold everyone back while you catch it.. I got your back...

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»