Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Promise of a New Day

"And so time over time
What will change the world
No one knows
So the only promise
Is a day to live, to give
And share with one another"

-Paula Abdul Promise of a New Day

For some reason, this New Years feels a bit different. Now, granted listening to the black sheep of my CD collection that has been left to fester in my parents' basement since 1998 could have something to with my curious mood and my tendancy to quote obscure Paula Abdul lyrics ( is there really any other kind?); but really I think it is more than that.

For the first time in a long time, I find myself looking forward to the upcoming year. I'm not looking back thinking of everything that was not accomplished in 2006. I'm not feeling particluarly old, pathetic, and unmotivated ( which is kind of weird considering I am jobless and living in my parents' basement).

I don't really want to jinx myself or anything but I have a feeling 2007 will be pretty great!
I will be going to
Glastonbury; some of my closest friends are getting married; I will be living in my very own grown-up place, and I'm sure lots of other cool things will happen as well!
So here's to a year full of promise and excitement and changes that for once, I am NOT dreading!
Welcome to 2007!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Years Baby! I hope this year brings you all the happiness you deserve! I'll call you this week!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the 007 year!
We shall have James Bond fun!
Kate :)