Friday, March 23, 2007

Walking with a Ghost

What a Week!

Ever had one of those weeks where disaster only follows disaster? Where everything you touch seems to break ( in my case, it falls… just call me butterfingers) Where even the most common mishap, say a burnt out lightbulb, is enough to drive you to tears? Well, welcome to me week. The days were not counted by nights of blissful rest but of intervals of black space between disasters and awkwardness and hardships.

These are my struggles.

A half reno-ed house that has become overcome with woodbugs. Woodbugs! We spent thousands of dollars on fancy laminate floors to be overthrown by armies of weird silver bugs that curl up into balls and frolick about MY place like they own it? No. I don’t think so. An annoying bout of butterfingers-itis that has caused me to drop a big tub of laundry detergent on my patio; a bottle of body lotion on my kitchen floor; a water bottle on my living room floor; a cellphone more times than I care to admit; and a really sharp kitchen knife which inexplicably "fell" into my leg twice in the last two weeks! An insurable case of dementia which has caused me no small amount of grief as I thought I had lost my mp3 player; my gym membership card; my passport; my gym lock; my hammer and yes, car ( which can happen a lot more often than you think when you usually park you car in front of your house but then one night you have to park it a block away and then when you leave for work the next morning your car is nowhere to be seen.. well, I guess it could be seen if I walked like two steps; but still it’s enough to give a girl a grey hair when it happens at 8 in the morning before I’ve had my morning coffee).
What else has happened?
I almost died from gas poisoning when I tried to bake a pizza in my gas oven. My illegal cable was cut leaving me TV-less on Wednesday night, ( Yes, I know, LOST and ANTM night!! So bad!!). Also, I had planned on getting shaw digital phone so I could call all my peeps whenever I want but then since I had illegal cable I decided to get a telus phone and now I have to get cable so I should have gotten Shaw digital phone in the first place!!! Oy vae!! It’s enough to make my head spin.

Then there is the bathroom saga.

Well, the saga that there is no bathroom. That everytime you sit on the toliet the back jiggles. That there is no door to the bathroom. That there is no floor. That the place is a disaster and I have been living there since March 10! Not fun! Going upstairs to have shower really early every morning! Not fun!


Then there is work.

Work is a saga unto itself. I worked overtime today. Overtime! I came in to work at 7:30 am. (Course now I am wasting that extra hour by blabbing on in my blog; so whatevs, it all comes out in the wash, right? I am starting to feel the pressure, deadlines, ungrateful bosses; know-it-all clients, unhappy co-workers. I swear If I develop a furrowed brow or a single grey hair from this job; I am out of here. Starbucks, here I come.

Then on top of all these struggles, there is the main struggle,
I am lonely.

I have not many friends here. All by myself! (please start singing that Celine Dion classic to yourself, as you read the rest of this entry). Nobody to watch TV with me. Nobody to talk to on the phone with. Nobody! No fair! I miss being busy with fun things to do and great, exciting plans. I want summer and fun and excitement. Not boring, raining winter with it’s no fun gloom and dust.

Yes, these are my struggles. It is a hard road, I've toiled, and it's always darkest before dawn and maybe I am just sleepy and have PMS...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not alone! you can find your way! You are one with me! Do I need to quote more Michael Jackson to get you out of your funk? Cause you know I can go on all night!

Kate said...

You are not alone Preety!!!
Last time I talked to you you had so many plans!!! What happened?
And you have canceled our last TWO dates! So don't feel like there is no one here who loves you, because you do!
I am sorry to hear you have had such a bad week :(
Big hugs from me.

Anonymous said...

What am I chopped liver? You know I would love to come over and watch GH or anything else with you!
And you are always welcome at my house.

But I know that it is different when you live alone. It will just take sometime to get use to it.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.