Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Boys Are Smelly

there's something to be said for trusting your gut instinct.
A first impression can be wrong; chalk it up to nerves and wrong time/place scenarios.
A first coversation can go less than smooth; it could be he's not a big phone talker and may be he has roomates staring at him as he' trying to sound cool and casual on the phone.
A first date can end up disasterous because of high expectations or too much/ not enough libations.
A few weird telephone messages and emails could easily be attributed to drunken late night phone calls or bad advice from friends.
But your gut. Your gut is rarely wrong. It may change it's mind at the drop of a hat, tellling you he's not so lame; and maybe you're too picky and some things that seem dumb or insenstive in the moment can actually look endearing in hindsight. But your gut is never wrong.
At least mine isn't. Unlike your mind, your gut never tries to rationalize why you 'just don't feel it." Unlike your heart, your gut doesn't feel bad when you sit their at gawk at all his weird mannerisms and quirks. Your gut is the perfect indictator of who's right and who's wrong for you.
So today, I make a vow to you, my gut. I will not doubt you and will not try to talk you out of whatever you are trying to tell me to do. I put my complete trust in you, gut. So go ahead, gut and bring whoever it is that you are saving for me... whoever it is that is everything that everyone else isn't.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were trying to not be so high maintenance.... What happened to that?

-j

Anonymous said...

Here hear hear!!! Especially when your guts are going NO NO NO NO.
They usually know what they're talking about when they say NO.
Sometimes they go "YES YES YES -- touch me now you naughty monkey." That's not always your guts, it's your hormones. Especially when monkeys are involved, or boys. Or... well you get the picture

--me

Anonymous said...

The gut... how does it know things so quickly? My gut ususally tells me things very quickly just my "rational" mind gets it the way and tries to .... well... rationalize !!

Anonymous said...

Nice post man! Cheers to our much neglected guts!
~Grade 7