Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I <3 The Arcade Fire.....


The arcade fire is so weird and cool! Posted by Hello

Okay, So I guess I'm a little late on the arcade fire gravy train. To tell the truth, i didn't want to get on.... They seem too now, too hipster, too edgy, too only let artists and band geeks listen to our music and we love our craft and don't want to be famous..... that stuff gives me anxiety.... Plus all the holier than thou types were too busy saying how cool the arcade fire and broken social scene and magenta lane and every other obscure band from eastern Canada is, that I wanted to just wash my hands of it all.. too many hands in the cookie jar for me.... But I have been reformed. after seeing them on the MMVAs I fell in love with their un-posterboy looks and weird and wonderful performance. I especially loved how they mixed up the standard shoe-gazing fare of other arty bands with a full marching band that played dead until the last refrain of the chorus.
So i've hopped on... I'm officially on the Arcade fire band wagon. SO shoot me.... but I will try my best not to start wearing long botton down shirts or clothes that cost $300 but look like they are from value village.

Listen to some of their songs:
http://www.mergerecords.com/band.php?media=true&band_id=98

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may be all the way in japan but I know the arcade fire rocks. that's the way it always works though. bands are never big in canada until they are big somewhere else. except of course, the cult of the Tragically Hip.
I saw some of the Muchmusic awards on the web. I wish I saw it all. I miss the nation's music station. Rick the temp better still be there when I get back to the homeland.

-steve

Anonymous said...

Umm, which Arcade Fire. Sheisse, I didn't know there were arcades anymore. Is this the one over on Granville Street? Boy that must have caused a mess, did the whole downtown core smell like, well a grow op?

I've heard that's what happened to the Video store down the street, but's that just rumour of course....

--The Tragically UnHip

Anonymous said...

I am in Australia and have never heard of them...
Kate

Preety said...

I don't care if I've missed the boat on The Arcade Fire... I still like them now... that should be good enough... Steve.... I think Rick the temp is the new steve anthony.. He will be at muchmusic until the time when we only watch Muchmore music ( which is probably any day now)....Anonymous.... I think it's my tree-befriending friend Holly, Holly you are really obscure and weird and funny:) Kate, if you want to impress the artsy types in austrailia, (if there are any,) teach them the gospel of the Arcade Fire... I am their newest preacher....