Sunday, October 23, 2005

Green puss, blood and cheddar cheese and T.V., just another weekend for me



At first glance, you might think what do I have in common with Paula Abdul? I mean besides the obvious taste in clothes, what would I have in coomon with a three-times married has-been that is constantly on the worst-dressed list? (DON'T SAY IT). I'll tell you what we have in common. PAIN. That's right we share a secret pain from a botched manicure (her's from a professional manicurist, mine from myself when I was doped up on cold medicine). We shared the horror of having a finger swell up so big that you couldn't even wear a ring and then the fingertip turned green. Then last night, it felt so sore that I went the clinic ( THAT'S RIGHT), and I thought I had broken my finger but the doctor said it was an infection and then he cut it open and drained all this green puss from it. GREEN PUSS. It hurts. A lot. Then he gave me some antibiotics that I have to take four times a day.

It's so weird. But now I feel closer to Paula than I have in a long time. Probably since Forever Your Girl.

Then this afternoon I was making a sandwich and was slicing some cheddard with a very, very sharp knife and totally sliced my finger and started bleeding everywhere. And we had no bandaids... So my roommmate called our neighbour Noel and luckily he was home and he had a bandaid. But now that finger is totally sore too....

And both owies are on the same hand. And It's making it really hard to type. So i'm out...

Current Mood: Sore ( Is that a Mood?)

Currently listening to: Final Straw - Snow Patrol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gee... i hope that your dream of opening a deli doesnt happen too soon. love from your cheeky neighbor xxoo

Anonymous said...

woh.green puss. I'm sure you must be walohing in pain. Too bad I'm not there to listen to you complain. Oh well. If I close my eyes and read your blog it's almost like you're right here. Wait if I close my eyes....Oh never mind.

Anonymous said...

so you can only count up to eight now?? cheer up bud! at least you still have the important almighty thumb (and middle finger hopefully)!
-OSN (ol' school neighbor)